søndag 6. mai 2012

Review: Insurgent by Veronica Roth

My rating: ★★★★★

Synopsis:

One choice can transform you--or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable--and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so (Goodreads).


Since this is book two in Veronica Roths dystopian Divergent series I wouldn't recommend reading any further if you haven't read the firs one, namely Divergent. And if you haven't read the first one I recommend you do it; immediately! Because it really it THAT amazing. I will however try to make this spoiler free. I really really really want to discuss this book at length; but I don't want to ruin somebody else's reading experience either. 
Now, back to the first book. I haven't read anything like it; ever, so I think that is a part of the reason why it become one of my favorite books at once. I was having high expectations for Insurgent and I was really scared that they might not be met; but there was no need to worry at all! The fact that the story and this dystopian world isn't "new" anymore is that you already know about the factions and the factionless so that there is more place in the story for actual progression and action rather than introducing the reader in to this society that Tris and Four/Tobias live in and are a part of. I also enjoyed the fact that you get a more in depth view in the other factions this book as the story progresses it self and well.. you'll know when you read the book..

Tris is a character with much depth and you cannot help but feel for her as she struggles with the choices she has to make in Insurgent and deal with the choices she made in Divergent. You get to experience her pain and frustration. I did however find myself kind off annoyed with Tris and Tobias's relationship; why can't they just talk to eachother?! But I love them! Four isn't your typical dreamy boy you so often get described, but he is kind and fair and sweet as well as though and stubborn and manly. 
Veronica Roths writing is amazing. Somehow after reading the firs two books in this series I already feel like I've seen the movies. She makes you feel like you are right there with the characters and experience exactly what they experience.

I have sooo many questions still unanswered after reading this book (which was done in a day btw, it really was that suspensful!). And the ending? What a cruel way to end a book! My jaw dropped and I kept searching for more pages to read.. The fact that we have to wait a whole year for the next one is slowly killing me a bit inside..

- Siff

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar